Lesson: Level 4 Water Safe
Welcome to Level 4, where your child will learn essential water safety and rescue skills. We will start by teaching your child emergency identification, helping them recognize potentially dangerous situations and how to get help if needed. Your child will learn basic rescue skills, such as how to help someone in need in the water.
We will also continue to develop your child’s kicking skills, now with a focus on kicking on their back with a kickboard or noodle, building strength and coordination in their legs.
The “rocket” streamline will now take your child to the deep end, where they will practice an independent back float for 5 seconds, building their confidence in deep water. We’ll use front arm scoops with the face underwater, a skill that helps your child develop proper breathing techniques and coordination.
The swim, float, swim technique will now include both kicking and arm movements with assistance. We’ll also introduce the elementary backstroke with assistance, a fundamental stroke that emphasizes good body position and timing.
We’ll continue to work on backstroke rainbow arms with assistance, and the swim, float, swim technique with both arms and legs.
In Level 4, we’ll also introduce clothes-on swimming, where your child will learn how to jump into the water fully clothed and swim across the pool, teaching them valuable survival skills.
We’ll continue to build on the elementary backstroke, now without assistance, and practice jumping into the deep end and kicking on their back to the shallow end.
Finally, we’ll introduce sculling on a noodle like a horse, a fun and challenging activity that helps build coordination and control in the water. This prepares them to freely tread water.
By the end of Level 4, your child will have developed essential water safety and rescue skills, as well as proficiency in several strokes and techniques, all while building their confidence and independence in the water.
- Basic rescue skills -how to help
- Independent back float
- Kick on back without assistance
- Backstroke rainbow arms with assistance
- Swim, float, swim- kick and arms
- Clothes on jump in and swim across pool
- Elementary backstroke without assistance
- Jump into deep end, kick on back to shallow end
- Sculling introduction – on noodle like horse
More Skill Levels
Introducing your baby to swimming can be an exciting and memorable experience. We strive to create a fun and safe environment for both baby and parent. Here is what you can expect from our program at this level:
– Water familiarity
– Separation from parent
– Intro to kicking and scoops by song and play
– Floatation and Gliding
In our beginner swim lessons, we prioritize pool safety and introduce your child to the water in a safe and supportive environment. Here is what you can expect from our program in level 1:
– Intro to pool safety
– Blow bubbles with mouth
– Water on face, both ears tap in
– Back float with support
– “Rocket” streamline from step, 1 ft to instructor (eyes in or out)
– Monkey crawl along wall and yell for help
– Climb out of pool with assistance
– Kick feet on front with support
– Assisted jump into pool from siting position
Welcome to Level 2 of our beginner swim lessons, where your child will continue their aquatic journey by exploring the depths of the pool and discovering their underwater abilities! Our priority in this level is to build on the safety skills introduced in Level 1 and help your child develop their independence and confidence in the water. Here is what you can expect from our program in level 2:
– General water/sun safety
– Entire face in water
– Independent head bobs
– Float on back with assistance 10 seconds
– Roll front to back with assistance
– Kick on front with kickboard/noodle
– “Rocket” streamline from step, 3 ft to instructor
– Assisted relax on side with ear in
– Retrieve object underwater from steps
– Assisted standing jump from side
– Climb out of pool with minimal assistance
Welcome to Level 3, where your child will become a confident adventurer in the water! In this level, we prioritize safety by teaching your child essential skills such as emergency identification and independent back floating, while also improving their stroke development and independence through exciting and challenging activities. Here is what you can expect from our program in level 3:
– Emergency identification
– Kick on back with kickboard/noodle
– “Rocket” streamline from step, 5+ ft
– Independent back float for 5 seconds
– Front arm scoops with face underwater
– Swim, float, swim with assistance
– Elementary backstroke with assistance
– Side stroke with assistance
– Independent jump in and assisted kick to wall
– Climb out of pool unassisted
Welcome to Level 4, where your child will become water safe! Learning water safety is essential for children to enjoy aquatic activities safely. In this level, we will help your child become confident and competent in the water, allowing them to have fun while also being prepared to respond to potential water emergencies. Here is what you can expect from our program in level 4:
– Basic rescue skills -how to help
– Independent back float
– Kick on back without assistance
– Backstroke rainbow arms with assistance
– Swim, float, swim- kick and arms
– Clothes on jump in and swim across pool
– Elementary backstroke without assistance
– Jump into deep end, kick on back to shallow end
– Sculling introduction – on noodle like horse
Welcome to Level 5, where your child will continue to develop their swimming abilities and gain new skills to become a more confident and competent swimmer. In this level, we’ll focus on refining stroke technique and building endurance to help your child become a stronger swimmer. Here is what you can expect from our program in level 5:
– Treading water 10 sec.
– Freestyle stroke
– Side breathing with assistance
– Breaststroke with assistance, arms, and legs
– Dolphin kick
– Kneeling to standing dive
– Touch bottom in the deep end
Welcome to Level 6, where you will fine-tune stroke development and build endurance in the water. We’ll focus on improving freestyle with consistent side breathing, as well as developing backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly. Here is what you can expect from our program in level 6:
– Stroke Development
– Freestyle- consistent side breathing
– Proper turns for all strokes
– Treading water
– Standing dives
Our adult coaching lessons are designed to provide you with the tools and support you need to reach your swimming goals, no matter what they may be. So whether you’re looking to improve your fitness, compete in a swim event, or just enjoy the water more, we’re here to help you achieve your goals.